Sunday, October 22, 2006

San Elijo

With its gold speckled sand and giant boulders lining the cliff, inviting you to sit and take in the beauty all around you, it's a bit of paradise here. I would get lost watching the gentle waves rolling in and out, daytime or night, the tide reflective of the laid back attitude in San Diego County. After almost two days of wandering the shore, walking along the water, soaking in the smells and the sounds of the ocean, I feel at peace. My head is clearer and my heart is lighter. I feel like the stones of various colors and shapes sprinkled all over the beach, smoothed from the water and the sand, all of their rough edges slowly softened over time. I relate to these stones. The nonsense, conditioning and pretenses surrounding me are all being sanded away gradually. If I open myself up to nature, its effects are that powerful. What will remain in the end is my core; a strong foundation full of passion, dedication and life. Why would I settle for anything less than everything I have always dreamed of? Traveling the world, taking in all of its power and beauty and making it a better place to live...

San Elijo State Beach, CA - October 22, 2006 - NV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home