Friday, November 16, 2007

Lost in the Fog

It is pretty amazing how you can get so lost in the fog that you actually believe you are going blind. Yet miraculously you come out of it with a renewed appreciation for the light. Being in a very unsupportive place for so long almost dissolved my faith that things could be different.

That fog which started by enveloping me at work, slowly began to engulf my relationship. It was frustrating at times, the pushing and pulling that seemed to go on forever. But again, when we finally see the light, it is crystal clear how the friction was teaching us, not only about how to communicate and interact, but about our own shadows. We are inevitably growing. Our first reaction is to resist and hide in our comforting woes, but once we realize that we are just mirrors enabling the other to see deep inside themselves, the defenses begin to drop.

I believe truly that faith has been my saving grace: faith that I will grow and be successful, faith that my other half and I will work through our individual pasts in order to allow for a future together and just plain faith that everything always works out somehow and for a reason.

Hindsight is always 20/20, so they say, but as I learn, experience and grow along my journey, I see the brilliant truth in that statement. We may not know why at that exact moment in time, but eventually it all makes sense. You have to have love, faith and determination in order to reach enlightenment ... which includes not only an open mind, but an open heart.

November 8, 2007 - NV

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM , Blogger Raynette said...

For the record, I will get a google account just so I can leave comments to your inspiring blogs.

I really enjoyed this and in your writings I find inspiration and a sense of connection with you because you have written my thoughts out in your blog. So I thank you and send you many kisses.

I also quoted you for my myspace page.
"We are inevitably growing. Our first reaction is to resist and hide in our comforting woes, but once we realize that we are just mirrors enabling the other to see deep inside themselves, the defenses begin to drop."

...love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home