Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Prodigal Daughter

The horizon beckons for my return
With trepidation my toe touches the water
Hypnotized by my reflection in the tide
This is the closest I’ve ever come to the ominous shore
The moisture in the air envelops my senses
I can almost taste the saltiness of the sea
I stand mesmerized by the taunting motion
Yet with each step closer the separation dissolves
The lines have become blurry in this mirage
Questions now burning, swirling in my brain
Am I simply this bag of flesh, blood and bones?
Am I a tiny wave in this powerful, majestic ocean?
Or maybe, just maybe, I am nothing
Nothing but peace, silence, beauty, sky
After a moment’s hesitation, throwing all caution to the wind
I dive head first in to the freezing cold
An embryo returning to the comfort of its womb
The end has now become the beginning
At long last, I am home



May 1, 2010 - NV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home