Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Untitled

Ball in hand
I run outside to play
A solo game of catch
A chill in the air
Family is sound asleep
Dead to the world, and me

Everything is still
Eerily quiet
No other people in sight
I throw, I miss
Ball drops to the ground
Gravitating back home

I follow my only friend
Growing nervous with every step
Something is wrong
I want to run
Every muscle freezes
I want to scream
My cries emerge silent

Paralyzed I watch
Cement pouring in everywhere
Each room a hole to fill
Mom, Dad, Brother
The only family I’ve really known
So oblivious in their slumber
Soon to take their last breath

Shooting up from bed
My heart pounds wildly
Gasping for air
Panic is followed by relief
Just that familiar nightmare
Haunting me yet again
Or is it?

For I have become
An orphan after all
Estranged, alone
Like a deserted isle
Or the helpless little girl
Ever present in my dreams

April 27, 2010 - NV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home